CANDY CORN RICE KRISPY TREATS
These adorable marshmallow treats will make everyone shriek – with delight.
PrintCandy Corn Rice Krispy Treats
Serving Size: 1 slice (about ¾ cup)
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 4 drops yellow food coloring, divided
- 3 drops red food coloring
- In a medium saucepan, heat marshmallow, butter and vanilla over medium-low heat until melted and well combined, about 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine rice cereal, pour marshmallow mixture over cereal and stir to combine.
- Divide cereal mixture between 3 large bowls. Wearing food-safe gloves, mix 2 drops of yellow food coloring by hand into 1 bowl of the cereal; set aside. Mix 2 drops of yellow and the red food coloring together with another bowl of rice cereal; set aside.
- Divide the 2½-cup/600 mL Medium Shallow Rectangular Freeze-It® PLUS container visually into thirds, lengthwise. Fill each third of the container with each color of the rice cereal mixture, pressing firmly into place, to create a white strip, orange strip and yellow strip.
- Refrigerate until firm. Unmold onto a cutting board and cut diagonally into triangles. Place in festive cellophane bags for the holidays.